Mondays make me moan. Matt’s separation anxiety also peaks on Mondays, maybe because he got used to being with me and his Dada ’round the clock over the weekend. His Kuya, on the other hand, finds it hard to get over the fact that weekend is over and he can’t play outside anymore.
Today is Tuesday, but it feels like it’s Monday. Maybe because of the weather, I don’t know. I browsed through my phone’s pictures to make me feel better and saw this picture of us taken last month, on my 30th birthday:
So instead of wallowing in gloom, I decided to make a list of things that I am thankful for:
- A wacky husband. He’s the apple to my pie, straw to my berry. When I’m hot with anger, he remains cool. He makes me laugh.
- My kids. I live for them. Everything I have is for them, in case its not clear from the picture (They got my gifts and they can’t wait to open it. One gift is even for them!)
- Our own house. It’s unfinished state makes me sad sometimes, but most of the time, it’s filled with laughter and love. It’s home.
- A job that lets me do what I love, and still allows me to be a full time Mama.
- I gotta add: It’s a loooong weekend for Cebu! September 12 (Monday) is declared as a Regular Holiday.
The list, I found out, can go on and on until it becomes clear that there is really no reason to moan on this Monday-like Tuesday.